These super savory and flavour packed scone will knock your socks off!
Sharp cheddar cheese comes together like a simphony with Provence herbs, making the perfect side dish to soups, salads or evening their on their own with cream cheese and cooked ham.
Cheese and Herbs Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sharp aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs Provence Herbs mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1. Mix sifted flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, herbs and cheese.
- 2. Separately whisk egg, oil and yogurt together.
- 3. Add liquids to the flour mix and combine until the mixture becomes a even dough.
- *In case your dough seems too dry add drizzle of milk at a time until you get the even dough consistency
- 4. In a surface that has been sprinkled with flour gently extend the dough until it becomes about 2 fingers thick.
- 5. With a cookie cutter or a medium round glass cut out circular pieces of dough and place in a baking tray.
- 6. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C, then bake the scones for 15-20 min.
- Note: For a lovely golden crust cover you scones with a little bit of wisked egg before baking.
Purpledalia @ home https://www.purpledalia.net/