The perfect pairing for any pork meal! Step away soggy, boring ol’ Christmas Red Cabbage (typical Norwegian Christmas staple with Jule Ribbe) and make way to this fresh and tangy Red cabbage and tangerine salad.
This salad will take your Christmas Svineribbe to new heights!
Red Cabbage and Tangerine Salad
- ½ red cabbage small, thinly shredded
- 2 tangerines chopped
- 100 g walnuts or pecan nuts caramelized, roughly chopped
- 6 – 8 pieces dried apricots chopped
- 50 gr cranberries chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate kernels
- 2 tbsp Whole Grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Sherry vinegar or Apple cider
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp olive oil Extra virgin
- Fresh ground pepper
Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette until it emulsifies or thickens a bit.
Taste for balance of flavors; add more honey if it's too acidic of a drizzle of vinegar if too sweet.
In a serving bowl add all the salad ingredients. This can be some with some hours in advance.
Toss the salad with the vinaigrette just before serving.