Recently, I happened to have courgettes in the fridge for other purposes but the cravings for fries were too much and decided to do something about it. I went for an alternative to normal potato fries, a bit healthier, less fat and more importantly improved flavour to compensate for the lack of it not being actual fries.
These courgette fries really checked all the boxes, served with Chili aioli they were just fabulous and we ended up eating the whole plate before we actually ate our food.
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into 3cm thick sticks
- 1 egg
- 2 cups panko
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1. Line an oven tray with aluminium foil and preheat oven to 200°C
- 2. Salt and pepper all the courgette sticks.
- 3. Mix the Parmesan cheese , panko and seasonings in a flat container
- 4. Whisk the egg and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- 5. Dip each courgette stick into the egg wash and then thoroughly coat with the Parmesan/Panko mix.
- 6. Set each coated Courgette separate from each other and bake for 30min at 200°C or until golden.