I looooove cheese, just adore it. Quite strange given in Colombia you don’t find many different types of cheese easily and the standard is usually very fresh cheese. But once I crossed the pond and found out just how many different types of cheese you can find I fell REALLY in love.
Nonetheless, blue cheese is thankfully a type of cheese that is easily found in almost all supermarkets in Bogotá. This blue cheese dip is yet another recipe out of my mother’s dinner party sure success recipes. Once you try it yourself, you will definitely understand why; it is super flavourful, as easy as it gets, and you can use it for everything even as a sauce for steamed vegetables.
At dinner parties my mom usually serves it out of a carved out round bread, however this type of bread is nearly impossible to find in Norway and I content myself just using a nice bowl for serving. My favourite sides are carrot sticks, french bread, baby potatoes, mushrooms and broccoli.
- 250ml cream cheese (Philadelphia is best)
- 70 gr Blue Cheese
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 ml double cream
- 1. In a microwave safe bowl add the cream cheese, blue cheese and 1/3 of the double cream. Microwave the mix for 30 seconds,
- 2. Carefully take the bowl out and stir thoroughly adding another 1/3 of the double cream a bit of salt and pepper and microwave the mix for 30 seconds,
- 3. Repeat step 2 one more time.
- 4. Add 3/4 of the wine wine and stir the mix, taste for seasoning. If the dip needs it add the remaining wine and you will find the flavours coming together nicely.
- 5. Microwave for 45 seconds more, stir and serve on to a nice bowl.
- If you don't have a microwave you can also do this on the stove making sure you handle the temperature closely as not to burn the dip.