Looking for an easy recipe for your kids lunchbox? Are there are egg and/or milk restrictions in your children’s diet or preschool? Well, Look no further! This banana and dates bread is perfect as a healthy treat for little and grownup palates alike!
Banana and dates bread
- 3 big black bananas
- 75gr vegetable oil (alternative 50gr vegetable oil and 25gr walnut oil)
- 60gr brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225gr plain flour (alternative 170gr plain flour 55gr whole rye flour), sifted
- 3tsp baking powder
- 50gr dates, chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 celsius
- 2. Mash the bananas with oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until everything is well blended.
- 3. Add the dates and mix well reserving a couple to decorate.
- 4. Add flour and baking powder and mix by hand or using a hand mixer until you get a thick dough.
- 5. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop similar portions onto individual silicone cupcake forms and decorate with the remaining dates. Bake for 20 minutes until golden. You can also use a small bread form.
- If you are not using a silicone form, remember to butter and flour your form before adding the dough in order to prevent the bread from sticking to it.
Purpledalia @ home https://www.purpledalia.net/