Carne en salsa roja served with coconut rice and patacones is hands down one of my favourite meals. I like to think of it as a Colombian dish but actually as far as I know it is a family specialty and without a doubt what my mom makes whenever I come to visit, or my go-to dish whenever I am feeling in need of some Colombian food/home food and wanting to work a little bit for it. 🙂
Carne en salsa roja
- 600 gr Stewmeat
- 1 large Onion, julienned
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cube beef broth
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Olive Oil
- 1. In a deep pan brown the previously seasoned meat all around in some olive oil at high heat.
- 2. Place the meat in a pressure cooker for about 20-30 min with water.
- 3. Meanwhile sweat the onions until transparent and starting to caramelize in the pan you browned the meat.
- 4. Add the water from the pressure cooker, tomato paste, mustard, ketchup and beef broth and bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for 20m.
- 5. Once the meat has cooked allow to cool slightly and slice. Add the meat to the sauce and cover with the sauce. Lower the heat to minimum and let all flavours mix for about 5 min.
Purpledalia @ home https://www.purpledalia.net/