I love lentils they are the perfect superfood, packed with iron super filling and during my pregnancy it was the only thing that would lower my blood sugar!
I usually eat lentils in soups or stews, but having had a box of green lentils lying around for ages, I thought why not try eating lentils in another way and as a plus try to get my husband in on board the lentil loving train.
This recipe made him appreciate lentils and he now even asks for it when we are planning our meals. So, I invite you to get your lentils out and try this recipe!
Actually , the secret to this recipe is adding bits of roasted pepper jam, it binds all the flavors together so marvelously that I strongly recommend you use it.
- 1 box of ready cooked Lentils, or 200 gr cooked lentils
- 1 bag of Baby spinach, torn
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 50 gr chevrè, diced
- 1 tbs of Roasted pepper jam
- a handful of walnuts
- a handful of dates, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1. Add shallots and garlic to a hot deep pan with oil, cook at medium heat until light golden
- 2. Add lentils and stir lightly, cook for about 5 minutes. Season lentils to taste
- 3. Remove from heat and add spinach. Let mix sit for a couple of minutes and transfer to a salad bowl.
- 4. Add dates and chevrè, sprinkle the walnuts and make small pea sized bits of the pepper jam.
- 5. Dress with olive oil salt and pepper