This fresh, tangy and delicious Thai beef salad is the perfect option for those rare days you have some leftover grilled beef, however if you are like the hubs and tend to not leave any meat behind, you can simply grill or pan fry the beef when preparing this recipe. It will only add 15 minutes to the cook time.
I made this salad for lunch at work at 6 in the morning: Took me only 5 minutes, it’s that simple and quick!
- 150gr Grilled beef, cut into thin slices
- 1 bag Baby leaf mix
- 1 Pink Lady apple, julienne
- 1/2 Cucumber, seeded, diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 6-10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Handful Cilantro
- Handful Mint
- Handful Basil
- Handful Roasted peanuts or cashews
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Tamarind extract
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 Lemon, juice
- 1/2 Red Chili, finely chopped
- 1. Mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. Add all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly until the dressing emulsifies.
- 3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
- You can replace the olive oil with peanut oil, however I prefer the milder flavour of the olive oil.