These banana pancakes are perfect for Sunday breakfast or brunch or even as lunchbox for the kids . Described by my husband with “They are the bomb”, they are soft, airy, almost dissolving in your mouth at every bite and packed with delicious banana flavour. You can even go for an extra twist by adding peanut butter in the middle and you will never go back to your old recipe.
At home we have had several iterations of pancakes, eggless, wheat free, dairy free, american style even my mothers recipe is no match, we always come back to this recipe, they are by far the best we have tried.
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tbs walnut oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs whole wheat flour (optional)
- 1. Add all ingredients in a blender or in a deep bowl you can use an immersion blender.
- 2. Mix everything and check consistency if you think is too liquid add 1tsp flour and mix again.
- The consistency should be of a thick pourable batter.
- 3. Add a nob of butter into a hot pan, once it's melted pour the batter making small-medium sized circles.
- 4. Flip the pancakes once you are able to lift the sides of the pancake or you see small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Chose bananas that are quite ripe, almost black, this will make the banana flavour more present.
- The walnut oil is really essential as it gives a very delicate nutty flavour.