Recently, I came across this chickpea and sausages stew recipe quite while I was searching for inspiration. I find it to be simple quick and a delicious hardy meal for the whole family.
After having found the most delicious “gourmet” Italian Seasoning sausages by chance and going through a couple of intense Colombian style hotdog for dinner days, I decided it was time to change it up. This recipe is the result of that research and therefore has been in the works ever since, I believe I have finally come to it’s best iteration.
Chickpeas and Sausages Stew
- 300gr good Sausages, roughly chopped
- 1 big can skinless Tomatoes
- 1 big can Chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 big Onion, diced
- 1/2 green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow Pepper, diced
- 1 big Carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced,
- 1/2 red Chili
- Olive Oil
- 1. Add garlic and onions in a big pot and cook at low temperature for 5 minutes stirring often.
- 2. Add peppers and carrots and stir, continue cooking at medium temperature until the carrots start to look slightly soft.
- 3. Add the sausages and let them brown. Stir gently.
- 4. Add chickepeas and canned Tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- 5. Continue cooking at low temperature for 20 minutes.
- 6. Add chopped cilantro upon serving.
- Serve with white or spiced rice and a wedge of lemon.
Purpledalia @ home https://www.purpledalia.net/