I was lurking at the local supermarket one sunny summer day and saw this beautiful Salma fillet, which is a brand of really good quality salmon in Norway. I just had to have it! My mouth was watering at the thought of it. I went home and thought about how to best have this beautiful salmon fillet, and luckily a nice Poke bowl came to mind.
Made some quick coconut rice, given my sticky rice making skills are quite lacking. Finely sliced an avocado and half a cucumber and roast some sesame seeds add some cubed mango for a sweet point and voila magic in a bowl!
I hope you enjoy your Poke bowl as much as I did, I was bragging about it for days at work, showing off my fabulous poke bowl in pictures and recipe and discussing possible ingredients 🙂
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 sushi quality salmon fillet, cut into small cubes
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe mango, cubes
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Fresh finely chopped red chili (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1. In a pot the has a tight lid, add the vegetable oil and heat to medium high heat.
- 2. Add the rice, coconut milk and salt.
- 3. Cook at medium high heat without the lid until all the liquid has evaporated about 10 min.
- 4. Once dry, set the lid tightly on the pot and lower the temperature to very low heat and cook for 15-20 min without opening the pot.
- 5. Using a fork carefully fluff the rice around and serve.
- 1. In a bowl whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and fresh red chili.
- 2. Add the salmon slices to the marinade and stir until evenly coated. Allow the salmon to rest for a couple of minutes in the fridge.
- 1. On top of the rice arrange cucumber, avocado, carrots and mango leaving place for the salmon.
- 2. Arrange the salmon nicely and drizzle the remaining marinade over the bowl.
- 3. Top with the toasted sesame seeds.