I love this Tzatziki recipe, it’s fresh and tangy and super tasty! Perfect companion to pita bread, lamb, koftas or gyros.
I had never really consciously tried tzatziki before I moved to Norway, let alone make it myself, but it’s so easy to make, that it really is worth putting in 5 minutes to serve this delicious homemade food dip instead of buying it ready made.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely shredded
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Good olive oil
- Mint for garnish
- 1. Remove the water from the cucumber by squeezing firmly with your lands, alternatively put inside a clean cheese cloth and press until you have removed all the water.
- 2. Add the yogurt and garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper
- 3. Mix everything together and add a good drizzle of oil.
- 4. Taste and adjust seasoning. If you feel it's too thick add more oil and if you feel it can could use a bit more tanginess add some lemon.
- 5. Finely chop some of the mint leaves and stir into the mix,
- Use the rest for garnish