It has garlic, it has shrimp and it’s deliciously creamy! What else is there to say? Ooh, yeah it has a kick to it, making it resemble ever so slightly one on my all time favourite Spanish dishes “camarones al ajillo” or garlic shrimp. Lastly, it is lightning fast to make. You have to try it!
I usually don’t make pasta because even though I love it it seems like pointless carbloading, but using whole wheat pasta I can give some peace to my conscience and enjoy a delicious tasting dish.
- 160gr whole wheat spaghetti
- 400gr 21/28 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 red chili, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 100ml white wine
- 2tbs heavy cream
- 1 tbs crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1tsp lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 1. Cook the spaguetti according to instructions on the pack.
- 2. Meanwhile in a pan big enough to contain the pasta, heat oil and sauté garlic and chili (I used 1/4 of a red chili and added seeds, this you can adjust to your tolerance to spice)
- 3. Once the garlic becomes golden, add the wine and stir about 5 minutes at medium heat.
- 4. Add the shrimps and let them cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until they start to pink up.
- 5. Add the cream and stir until it starts bubbling then add the parsley and season to taste, stir until it blends in.
- 6. Take the pan off the stove and add the cooked pasta and mix until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- 7. Finally add a squeeze of lemon and a dollop of crème fraîche mix everything together and serve Adding a sprinkle of parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese