Chicken and pomegranate, what a fantastic combination in a salad! The crunch and explosion of flavour that the pomegranate brings is just amazing. Whenever I want to make my regular chicken salad more exiting I always go for the pomegranate effect.
Chicken and Pomegranate Salad
- 4 chicken fillets, cut in strips
- 1 bad of mixed salad leaves
- 1 apple, julienned
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp garlic powder
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 1. Mix the cumin, paprika and garlic powder, salt and pepper and spread over the chicken.
- 2. In a hot pan drizzle some olive oil and toss the chicken strips until cooked through about 10m.
- 3. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl top with the chicken.
- 4. Tap the pomegranate with a spoon the back over a big and deep bowl (this is a messy process but highly worth getting those delicious juicy grains out of the shell, also note that pomegranate stains are very hard to get out so use an apron to cover your clothes)
- 5. Sprinkle the pomegranate grains over the chicken strips and the rest of the salad.
- 6. Dress with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season to taste
Purpledalia @ home https://www.purpledalia.net/