At home we just LOVE this soup, it has so much flavour and a just enough kick from the curry paste to keep it interesting; which mixed with the tang of the lemon juice makes for a really nice dinner experience. It is super filling and in my opinon perfect for those night you want something comforting with a twist. This soup delivers in all fronts!
- 2 onions
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, cut into bite sized cubes
- 2 chicken fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 apple, cut into bite sized cubes
- 5 tbs red curry paste
- 200 ml of crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 lemon juice
- Coriander (to serve)
- 1. In a big heavy bottom pot (I prefer Le crueset) cook the onion in the butter until soft and golden.
- 2.Add the curry paste and chicken and stir until the paste has blended in well and let it cook for a couple of minutes more until the chicken starts to golden.
- 3. Add the sweet potatoes, canned tomatoes, apple and stock bring up to a boil and then lower the heat and let the soup simmer for 25 minutes.
- 4. Check sweet potatoes are soft and chicken is cooked through, if desired cook for 5 minutes more. Add the coconut milk and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 5. Serve with some sprinkled coriander.