I’ve been baking cookies since I was a child, I’ve baked many different types but never Peanut Butter, I don’t think I ever tried them until last year when I had a colleague who would bake every Sunday and bring to work all sort of amazing goodies on Monday. The tastiest thing we ever got were this amazingly crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies, which got me curious about baking them myself.
Ever since, I’ve been trying to recreate the recipe and after making several batches of different recipes I’ve come to a mix of recipes that everyone at home really loves. My toddler just goes crazy for these cookies, and has a blast helping me make them, it has become a really special time between us making the whole baking experience so much better.
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1. Mix the egg , sugars and peanut butter throughly.
- 2. Add the dry ingredients slowly until the dough becomes even in color.
- 3. Make small balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- 4. Dip a fork in sugar and then press the balls in a cross pattern until they are about one finger width thick.
- 5. Preheat the oven to 170°C and bake the cookies at 160°C for 10-12 mins on until golden.
- 6. Place the cookies in a cooling and allow to rest before serving.