This strawberry and mint lemonade is the perfect complement to your hot and sunny summer day. Refreshing, tangy, sweet and bubbly, you will not be able to stop drinking this delicious lemonade with a twist!
I love lemonade, specially when it comes in different colours, and this strawberry lemonade is definitely a treat. Great for summer parties for kids and you can even spike it with some rum: instant cocktail!
- 500ml water
- 400ml sparkling water
- 3-5 tbs white all purpose sugar
- 300gr strawberries
- 3-4 lemons, juice
- Handful fresh mint
- Ice, optional
- 1. In a pot over low heat, mix water and sugar until thoroughly combined to make the syrup. Allow to cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. In blender mix lemon juice and strawberries and blend until there are no more chunks.
- 3. Add about half of the syrup and mint and blend again. Taste for sweetness, if you feel it is too tangy and the remaining syrup if it is too sweet complete with plain water and perhaps the juice of an extra lemon.
- 4. If you dont have time to chill the lemonade, add ice to the blender and blend one more time to crush the ice slightly.
- 5. Serve about half the glass with the strawberry lemonade mix and top it with sparkling water. (It will foam, so add the water slowly) Gently mix with a spoon.
- You can use frozen strawberries and avoid using ice to chill the lemonade