So, I adore coleslaw!
Funny thing though I used to hate it with all of my might, until one day when, my husband planned a surprise dinner date at home. I sat gladly to the table and saw coleslaw, steak and potatoes. Wait, coleslaw? Oh, crap!
I decided: well I’ll give it a go, at least I won’t seem rude. And it was delicious, apparently, the trick is to let the cabbage sit in some sugar and vinegar and the yucky cabbage flavor goes away!
- 1/2 small Cabbage
- 1 big Carrot
- 1 pink lady Apple
- 1 tbsp Apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Handful of raisins
- 1.Slice the cabbage thinly and put in a big enough bowl
- 2. Grate the carrot and apple using the thickest side of the grater and add to the cabbage
- 3. Add vinegar, sugar and salt to the cabbage, carrot and apple and mix vigorously.
- 4. Cover the bowl with cling film or a lid and let it rest for at least 10 minutes
- 5. Remove any liquids that may have gathered at the bottom of the bowl, add mayo and mix.
- 6. Once the mayo has evenly spread out add the raisins and mix well