Ever since I found this peach and cured ham salad, I have been modifying it to enhance even more the flavours. It really feels like you are indulging yourself when you eat this salad. I promise!
The recipe calls for peach and I prefer to use peach during the summer as it is in season, however, I totally recommend trying it out with a perfectly ripe mango instead of peach. At home we thought the salad couldn’t get any better but boy were we wrong! Every single bite was like magic, I think the word “foodgasm” was used several times that evening!
- 1 medium to large peach, wedges
- 1 Pink Lady apple (or any sharp and sweet tasting apple), julienne
- 5 slices of cured ham (aprox 60 gr)
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 bag of salad mix leaves, I prefer if it includes arugula, baby spinach and iceberg lettuce
- 1 tbs blue cheese, diced
- 25 gr pinenuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs Olive oil, plus a drizzle for dressing
- 1. Roughly chop the garlic
- 2. In the big frying pan, add garlic and oil and let it simmer until the garlic starts to brown, about 3 min.
- 3. Remove the largest garlic pieces from the oil, keep the rest in the pan.
- 4. Place the ham slices in the hot oil and increase temperature to medium heat, cook until crispy.
- 5. While the ham cooks, gently roast the pinenuts in a pan. About 5 minutes.
- 6. Add rinsed salad leaves, apple, peach and cucumber and mix.
- 7. Stack the ham slices and roughly chop them into bite sized.
- 8. Spinkle on top the cut ham, blue cheese and pinenuts