This is not your run of the mill carrot soup, this here is my carrot soup with a twist!
Packed with flavours; the sweetness and tanginess of the orange, sharpness of the ginger and in the back the carrot that wraps all of it together with a hint of heat from fresh red chili. A wake up call for the senses!
- 350 g carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs fresh grated ginger
- Red Chili, to taste
- 300 ml fresh pressed Orange Juice
- 500 ml low sodium Chicken stock
- 3 tbp Olive oil
- Cilantro to serve
- 1. Finely chop the garlic, chili and onion and place in a deep pot along with diced the carrots and grated the ginger.
- 2. Heat the olive oil at medium heat in the pot and stir the garlic, onion, chili, carrots, and ginger until the onion is soft, but not coloured.
- 3. Add the stock and orange juice. Put the lid on, and let it simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
- 4. Blend the soup with a immersion blender and season to taste. Dress with chili and fresh cilantro.