This creamy, chocolatey and fluffy Tiramisu recipe is super easy and will never let you down it’s like eating chocolate clouds! It’s great to make ahead and it keeps on getting better and better, that is, if you manage to control yourself enough to not eat it all in one seating!
There are multiple versions, and you can easily adapt the recipe to fit your family’s lifestyle. The coffee and rum are optional, personally, I think the coffee helps the lady finger in the Tiramisu get a delicious gooey texture.
It’s fun to make together with kids specially the building of the layers, skip the rum though!
Note: It is definitely worth trying to find Milo (chocolate malt beverage powder), the slightly crunchy, popping-caramel like texture makes this recipe perfect.Enjoy!
- 390ml ( big can) Sweetend Condensed Milk
- 400gr of Ricotta cheese (can be replaced Philadelfia cream cheese)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pack Lady fingers
- 1/2 cup Milo
- 1 tsp powdered flavourless gelatin
- 1 cup Coffee, freshly brewed is best
- Rum (optional)
- 1. Whisk the egg whites until you get soft peaks.
- 2. Prepare the gelatin, add gelatin powder to a glass and cover with roughly the same amount of water, stir and let it sit until it gets a hard gelatine texture. Then place the glass in hot water which should cover the gelatin mix or pop in the microwave oven for 20 - 30 seconds or until the gelatin has become liquid again .
- 3. In a big bowl, mix condensed milk and cheese using a hand mixer or spatula until the mix is smooth and even.
- 4. Add the egg whites a little bit at a time and mix in with a sptatula doing soft circular or figure 8 motions. *This step is important as it will make your cream light and fluffy*.
- 5. Add the gelatin and continue the figure 8 patter stiring.
- 6. Mix the coffee and rum to taste in a shallow bowl that fits the lady fingers.
- In a deep form (preferably not round, I use 15cm x 25 cm)
- 1.Spread a thin layer of the cream.
- 2. Sprinkle Milo over the cream to make a good even layer.
- 3. Lightly soak the lady fingers in the coffee or coffee rum mix.
- 4. Repeat until you reach the edge with just cream and a layer of Milo.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours and preferably over night.
- Serve with a Mint leaf as garnish.