This delicious crispy blueberry pie is perfect for when you have a sudden surplus of newly picked blueberries. Eat it warm with some vanilla ice cream, you will sure feel like you are in food heaven!
We has this amazingly crispy pie just a few weeks ago during a trip to the in-laws, who happen to have very fruitful blueberry bushes. Nothing better than to have this delicious pie as a reward for all your hard blueberry picking.
- 150 gr butter
- 200 gr flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of salt
- 250 gr Blueberries (preferably fresh but can be replaced by frozen blueberries)
- 200 ml Blueberry jam
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp potato flour (can be replaced by maizena)
- 75 gr Butter, melted
- 250 ml Oats
- 150 ml sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 175 C.
- 2. Mix flour, pinch of salt, sugar and butter in a food processor until it resembles coarse sand.
- 3. Remove from the machine and press into the pie form. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- 4. Bake for 15 minutes at 175 C or until it gets a nice light gold colour.
- While the crust is in the oven prepare the filling.
- 5. Mix the blueberries, jam and vinegar in a bowl. Slowly add the flour until it is evenly incorporated into the mix.
- 6. In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients and mix with a fork or spatula until they are well blended.
- 7. Once the dough is done take it out of the oven and immediately add the filling making sure it is evenly distribute then sprinkle the crust making sure that there aren't any big lumps or extra thick patches.
- 8. Bake the pie for 25 minutes at 175 C or until the crust becomes golden brown.
- You can save time by using ready made pie dough from the store. You still get the homemade feel without all the extra work!
- If using frozen blueberries, thaw them before use.